This was my first ever magnetic button, and I am very pleased it worked out as nicely as it did. If you're intimidated by putting in one of these, don't be, if you take your time and make sure the hole you dig through isn't too large you'll do fine. I love the results.
Here is the inner slip pocket pinned down. I interfaced this as well as doubled it over and folded under the raw edges. I love my vintage Singer 201-2, it didn't even hiccup doing any of this until the final top stitching on the almost finished bag.
I did this bag in three sittings, not counting interfacing time and fabric cutting. Here was the result of the second sitting:
Here it is with the strap and hardware on it:
Here is the finished lining with the slip pocket sewn in:
Attaching the lining to the exterior according to the pattern directions:
Final top stitching:
And finally, the finished bag!
I hope you like it, next time I'll be adding the front zipper pocket, but this time I wanted clean lines to experiment and I am so glad I did. I hope you liked this bag as much as I do! If you are looking for a cool little cross body bag, this one is charming and I love what my fabric choices ended up like this time. Next time I'll be doing the animal jungle fabric. Here's a link to the free pattern:
Thanks for reading!